To make this easy for me

Sunday, November 12, 2006

PILATES

Pilates is a method of physical conditioning made by Joseph Pilates more than 80 years ago. The popularity of it has increased thanks to a big group of people of the world of the music, dance, cinema and a famous sportsman and sportswoman. Pilates has the philosophy of the occidental exercise (more dynamic and concentrate on the muscular physic) with the oriental. Pilates made more than 500 exercises (it’s called Mat) and he invented an original and unique system of equipment. The movements are based on six basics principles: concentration, control, centralization, and fluency of movements, precision and breathing.

If we do different exercises of this method with few repetitions, we can strengthen and stretch our muscles without that muscles augment their volume. The object of Pilates is to get abdominal force, improve the flexibility and a total control of the body. The Pilates method also develop, in who practice it, abilities like the attention and the discipline. Moreover, it elevates the autoesteem, the capacity of concentration and the control of the person. Pilates treats to make our body and our mind stronger.


It’s important to keep a good corporal equilibrium and to control the breathing. The method works especially with the abdominals, the base of the shoulder and the glúteos as the only point of support; it is denominated “centre of force”. The exercises are done with a special equipment (Cadillac, Universal Reformer, High Chair, Big Barrel) and their always are done in inclined, seated, kneeling or stuck-up position. These movements can be imitated on mattresses.

Pilates can be practiced by all the world: young people, old people, people who need rehabilitation because they have had an injury… But this method has to be supervised by an official trainer. It would be the guarantee to know we are doing the exercises correctly.

3 Comments:

  • Hi!!!!
    Thanks for your comment in my blog, But I have to say sorry, I didn't say anything to you before now because I had configured wrongly my blog and I couldn't see that the people were commenting my posts, yesterday I have solved this problem and I saw your comment.
    You told me about the "EiBiSi" near Granollers and I have listened about this place.
    Is this disco at the same industrial polygon as is (or was) the disco NAN ROIG?? I live near Sabadell and when I was younger sometimes we went there.
    I have read your post about Pilates and it's nice because this sunday I went to the theatre and once they where talking about Pilates and I don't know what it was.
    Today I know perfectly what Pilates means, thank's to you!!!!!
    See you at class.

    By Blogger Noa, at 8:24 AM  

  • Hi Pumuky's & CO,

    I have heard a little about Pilates but I didn't know very well what it was.

    It seems very good, I like very much what you have explained, I don't know very well if it is very close to Yoga, but I like the philosophy that envelopes Pilates.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 PM  

  • Hi my friend!
    I must practice something similar to Pilates. It´s called Parkates. Parkates means to bring your children everyday to the park and it´s a method of physical conditioning too. Also the six basics principles are similar: concentration, control, centralization and fluenzy of movements, precision and breathing (probably breathing is the most important basic of all them because sometimes in the park you reallly need to do it seeing some situations!!!).
    Hey, as you can think, that´s a joke. Well, not a joke, because it´s my life. I don´t have time enough to practice Pilates but I can sure you I do a lot of exercise at the park with my little baby. Anyway, congratulations for your post. ;-)

    By Blogger Ladybird, at 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home